1. Amputee Coalition of America (ACA)
- The mission of the ACA is to “reach out to people with limb loss and empower them through education, support and advocacy. This website will provide users with information ranging from peer support to industry news.
- Publications by the ACA include: InMotion magazine, Youth InMotion, First Step, guide to living with prosthetics and the Communicator a support group leader's publication.
2. The Barr Foundation
- The Barr Foundation, a non-profit organization, is pleased to announce the establishment of the Barr United Amputee Assistance Fund (BUAAF). The purpose of the fund is to purchase prosthetic limbs for amputees who cannot otherwise afford them.
3. Dual Purpose Project (DPP)
- Dual purpose project (DPP) is a non profit organization dedicated to increasing access to the transformative power of art through hands on workshops and education for people with physical disability.
4. Landmine Survivors Network (LSN)
- An organization created by landmine survivors to empower individuals, families, and communities affected by landmines to recover from trauma, reclaim their lives and fulfill their rights.
5. Heather Mills McCartney Foundation:
- The Heather Mills website provides useful information on her efforts in Charity giving, work in foreign territories, her work with adopt a minefield. Heather’s website also provides an amputee forum.
6. Adopt a Minefield
- Adopt-A-Minefield® is a program of the United Nations Association of the USA, which engages individuals, community groups, and businesses in the United Nations effort to resolve the global landmine crisis. The Campaign helps save lives by raising funds for mine clearance and survivor assistance and by raising awareness about the landmine problem.
Peer Support Resources:
1. Amputee Online
- Designed primarily to help amputees on a peer to peer basis. However, friends and families of amputees, doctors, prosthetists, teachers, PE instructors, physical therapists or anyone wanting to know more about amputation, will benefit from using this site. Site includes product education, sports information, self-help information, peer to peer support and more.
2. Amputee On-Line Support Group
- The ACA online support group is a real-time, professionally facilitated group that is conducted via the internet just for amputees. It is a safe, confidential forum for amputees to share thoughts, feelings, wisdom, fears and triumphs with each other. Support, information and education from another amputee can be invaluable whether you are a new amputee or a seasoned veteran.